Warning: opendir(../docs/assets/mp3/elementary/20): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnaweb23a/b2474/sl.genevala/public_html/d47band/docs/assets/php/elementary-songlist.php on line 4
Mr. Bell, Director
Aim to finish 10 Units of Study this year by practicing 2 hours per week. You should be able to complete a new Unit of Study every three weeks and earn a colored bead in our karate system. General due dates are as follows:
|Unit 1||Unit 2||Unit 3||Unit 4||Unit 5||Unit 6||Unit 7||Unit 8||Unit 9||Unit 10|
Listen to our Songs
Mark Your Calendars.
|Tue. Dec. 19, 2017||7:00 P.M.||Our First Concert +6 days||Husmann Auditorium|
|Sat. Feb. 10, 2018||Times Assigned||Solo & Ensemble Festival +59 days||HBMS Classrooms|
|Tue. Apr. 24, 2018||7:00 PM||Beginning Bands (CAN/COV/HUS/NOR) & HBMS Jazz Band Concert +132 days||HBMS Main Gym|
Each week, a new schedule is posted in your classroom. Follow the schedule accordingly. Your lesson is on the same day each week (Tuesday or Thursday), but we will rotate through seven (7) different times as follows.
- 9:35 AM
- 11:15 AM
- 2:20 PM
- 10:40 AM
- 1:50 PM
- 10:10 AM
- 1:20 PM
Bring your own music stand every Thursday for Full Band. Everyone in band will meet onstage @ 12:25 - 12:55 to rehearse for our concerts. Some students will need to bring their instrument to school on Thursdays (for full band) and Tuesdays (for lessons). Lessons will continue throughout the school year.
- Dec. 14 @ 12:25 PM - Last Rehearsal before 7PM concert on Tue. Dec. 19th.
- Dec. 19 @ 12:25 PM - TUESDAY "Dress" Rehearsal before 7PM concert on Tue. Dec. 19th.
- Dec. 21 - No Full Band.
Tips on a good routine, good habits, etc.
- Use a music stand and sit in a chair that promotes good posture, poise, and playing position.
- Develop good habits. Kick the bad habits.
- Practicing two hours a week is excellent, but not all at once. Try 3-4 shorter sessions to promote better muscle memory.
- Use SmartMusic & Make Practicing Fun!
- Find a quiet place to practice and get away from TV, video games, phone, and other distractions.
- Ask for help.
- Brass players may not be able to practice for extended periods of time because of the physical demands of the embouchure.
- Follow a structured practice routine that includes warming up and building range.
- Be resourceful.
- Take the time to develop your instrumental technique and improve your overall musicianship.
Learn about intonation, pitch control, care & maintenance, etc.
Staff Paper, Keyboard Layout, Origins of Songs, Composers, Fingering Charts, etc.
Units of Study
Building skill. Developing technique.