Warning: opendir(../docs/assets/mp3/elementary/20): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnaweb23a/b2474/sl.genevala/public_html/d47band/docs/assets/php/elementary-songlist.php on line 4
Mr. Hulen, Director
Listen to our Songs
Mark Your Calendars.
|Wed. Nov. 15, 2017||7:00 PM||Our First Concert +25 days||North Elementary Gymnasium|
|Sat. Feb. 10, 2018||Times Assigned||Solo & Ensemble Festival +112 days||HBMS Classrooms|
|Tue. Apr. 24, 2018||7:00 PM||Beginning Bands (CAN/COV/HUS/NOR) & HBMS Jazz Band Concert +185 days||HBMS Main Gym|
Check with your director, Mr. Hulen, for lesson times.
Before school every Thursday, starting Thu. Sept. 7th, we all meet for large ensemble rehearsal, a.k.a. Full Band in the North Elementary Gym. Some students will need to bring their instrument to school on Thursdays (for full band) and Fridays (for lessons). Bring your own music stand! Lessons will continue throughout the school year.
Tips on a good routine, good habits, etc.
- Use a music stand and sit in a chair that promotes good posture, poise, and playing position.
- Develop good habits. Kick the bad habits.
- Practicing two hours a week is excellent, but not all at once. Try 3-4 shorter sessions to promote better muscle memory.
- Use SmartMusic & Make Practicing Fun!
- Find a quiet place to practice and get away from TV, video games, phone, and other distractions.
- Ask for help.
- Brass players may not be able to practice for extended periods of time because of the physical demands of the embouchure.
- Follow a structured practice routine that includes warming up and building range.
- Be resourceful.
- Take the time to develop your instrumental technique and improve your overall musicianship.
Learn about intonation, pitch control, care & maintenance, etc.
Staff Paper, Keyboard Layout, Origins of Songs, Composers, Fingering Charts, etc.
Units of Study
Building skill. Developing technique.