HBMS Cadet Band
Mr. Hulen, Director
- Meet in the auxilliary gym @ 7AM. Instrument storage cubbies are assigned by the stairwell (0-99) and the band room (100-199).
- If you need a name tag for your instrument, please get one from the Band Room #122 or you can make your own.
- All students are expected to bring instruments home daily to practice.
Listen to our Songs
Check with your director, Mr. Hulen, for your songs.
Mark Your Calendars.
|Monday, November 20, 2017||6:00-8:00 PM||Instrument Step-Up Night +30 days||Bernotas Cafeteria|
|Tuesday, December 5, 2017||7:00 PM||Winter Concert +45 days||HBMS Main Gym|
|Thursday, December 7, 2017||7:00 PM||Chorus & Jazz Band Concert +47 days||HBMS Cafeteria|
|Saturday, February 10, 2018||Times Assigned||Solo & Ensemble Festival +112 days||HBMS Classrooms|
|Thursday, March 8, 2018||7:00 PM||"End of Winter" Concert +138 days||HBMS Main Gym|
|Tuesday, April 24, 2018||7:00 PM||Beginning Bands & Jazz Band Concert +185 days||HBMS Main Gym|
|Tuesday, May 15, 2018||7:00 PM||Spring Concert +206 days||HBMS Main Gym|
|Wednesday, May 16, 2018||7:00 PM||HBMS Chorus Concert +207 days||HBMS Cafeteria|
Blue pass there. Yellow pass back.
We have small group lessons once a week. Use a band pass to be excused from class at your lesson time. You may need to turn in homework at the beginning of class, then come down to the Band Room #122.
- 8:00 AM
- 12:10 PM
- 8:45 AM
- 12:50 PM
- 9:30 AM
- 1:30 PM
Attend 7:00 - 7:35 AM in the Aux. Gym Monday through Friday.
Tips on a good routine, good habits, etc.
- Follow a structured practice routine that includes warming up and building range.
- Find a quiet place to practice and get away from TV, video games, phone, and other distractions.
- Be resourceful.
- Develop good habits & kick the bad ones.
- Use a music stand and sit in a chair that promotes good posture, poise, and playing position.
- Take the time to develop your instrumental technique and improve your overall musicianship.
- Practicing three hours a week is excellent, but not all at once. Try 4-5 shorter sessions to promote better muscle memory.
- Get SmartMusic & Make practicing fun!
Learn about intonation, pitch control, care & maintenance, etc.
Staff Paper, Keyboard Layout, Origins of Songs, Composers, Fingering Charts, etc.
Units of Study
Building skill. Developing technique.