HBMS Concert Band
Mr. Bell, Director
- Meet every day onstage @ 7AM and bring instruments in good, working condition.
- If you need a name tag for your instrument, please get one from the Band Room #122 or you can make your own.
- All students are expected to bring instruments home daily to practice.
Listen to our Songs
Mark Your Calendars.
|Thursday, March 8, 2018||7:00 PM||"End of Winter" Concert +15 days||HBMS Main Gym|
|Saturday, March 17, 2018||Time Assigned||IGSMA District Band Contest +24 days||Bernotas Main Gym|
|Tuesday, April 24, 2018||7:00 PM||Beginning Bands & Jazz Band Concert +62 days||HBMS Main Gym|
|Tuesday, May 15, 2018||7:00 PM||Spring Concert +83 days||HBMS Main Gym|
|Wednesday, May 16, 2018||7:00 PM||HBMS Chorus Concert +84 days||HBMS Cafeteria|
Blue pass there. Yellow pass back.
We have small group lessons once a week. Use a band pass to be excused from class at your lesson time. You may need to turn in homework at the beginning of class, then come down to the Band Room #122.
- 8:00 AM
- 12:10 PM
- 8:45 AM
- 12:50 PM
- 9:30 AM
- 1:30 PM
Attend 7:00 - 7:35 AM onstage Monday through Friday.
Tips on a good routine, good habits, etc.
- Follow a structured practice routine that includes warming up and building range.
- Find a quiet place to practice and get away from TV, video games, phone, and other distractions.
- Be resourceful.
- Develop good habits & kick the bad ones.
- Use a music stand and sit in a chair that promotes good posture, poise, and playing position.
- Take the time to develop your instrumental technique and improve your overall musicianship.
- Practicing three hours a week is excellent, but not all at once. Try 4-5 shorter sessions to promote better muscle memory.
- Get SmartMusic & Make practicing fun!
Learn about intonation, pitch control, care & maintenance, etc.
Staff Paper, Keyboard Layout, Origins of Songs, Composers, Fingering Charts, etc.
Units of Study
Building skill. Developing technique.