HBMS Jazz Band
Mr. Sampson, Director
- Jazz Band starts later in the year. More details in mid-September...
Listen to our Songs
Check with your director, Mr. Sampson, for your songs.
Mark Your Calendars.
|Tuesday, April 24, 2018||7:00 PM||Beginning Bands & Jazz Band Concert +62 days||HBMS Main Gym|
|Wednesday, May 16, 2018||7:00 PM||HBMS Chorus Concert +84 days||HBMS Cafeteria|
In the Band Room #122
Attend 2:20 - 2:50 PM in the Band Room #122 Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Tips on a good routine, good habits, etc.
- Follow a structured practice routine that includes warming up and building range.
- Find a quiet place to practice and get away from TV, video games, phone, and other distractions.
- Be resourceful.
- Develop good habits & kick the bad ones.
- Use a music stand and sit in a chair that promotes good posture, poise, and playing position.
- Take the time to develop your instrumental technique and improve your overall musicianship.
- Practicing three hours a week is excellent, but not all at once. Try 4-5 shorter sessions to promote better muscle memory.
- Get SmartMusic & Make practicing fun!
Learn about intonation, pitch control, care & maintenance, etc.
Staff Paper, Keyboard Layout, Origins of Songs, Composers, Fingering Charts, etc.
Units of Study
Building skill. Developing technique.